The Legacy Award acknowledges outstanding Bellwether winning programs that have illustrated five or more years of successful implementation and replication. Selected through a national panel of expert judges, ten finalists for the coveted Legacy Award (sponsored by the Association of Community College Trustees) will be asked to present their programs at the 2019 Community College Futures Assembly from February 2nd– 5thin San Antonio, TX. For 25 years, the Community College Futures Assembly has not only been a national policy summit but has also recognized and promoted cutting-edge, trendsetting programs that other colleges might find worthy of replicating. Since 1995, the Assembly, sponsored by the Institute of Higher Education at the University of Florida, has recognized exemplary and effective programs through the awarding of the coveted Bellwether Award. With over 70 institutions receiving the Bellwether Award and 600 Bellwether finalists, these award winning programs have advanced to further recognition and prestige. Given the Assembly’s focus on program sustainability, this year in celebration of the Assembly’s 25thanniversary we are looking to once again acknowledge these Bellwether winning programs through the “Legacy Award.” In order to apply for the 25TH Anniversary Legacy Award, your program must fit the application criteria below. Then, the please fill out the application listed below:
25THAnniversary Legacy Award Application 2019 Legacy application
Potential Criteria (Years of Impact)
- The Legacy Award criteria consist of programs that have exhibited five years of successful institutional transformation and/or proven program replication. The following criteria outline the specific issues to address in the Legacy Award application:
- Identify the issue or challenge that this leading edge program or activity was designed to address.
- Describe the process, timeline, participants, and resources required to implement the program or activity.
- Specify the results and/or impact.
- Elaborate on lessons learned for colleges considering a replication of this initiative.