The Bellwether College Consortium is comprised of award-winning colleges charged with addressing critical issues facing community colleges through applicable research and the promotion and replication of best practices addressing workforce development, instructional programs and services, and planning governance and finance. The nationally recognized Bellwether Award focuses on cutting-edge, trendsetting programs worthy of replication. Annually, 30 community colleges are deemed finalists from a large group of applicants in the United States and its territories. The selected colleges compete for one of three Bellwether Awards. A rigorous selection process with two rounds of judging by peers and academicians in the field culminates with a day-long event of presentations by contenders for the Bellwether Award at the Community College Futures Assembly. The competition and selection bring a level of excellence that demonstrates the innovative spirit and results-driven mindset that exists among our finest community colleges. BCC is proudly sponsored by the Alamo Colleges District in San Antonio, Texas and celebrates its 26th Bellwether Award competition in February of 2020.
Membership benefits of the Bellwether college Consortium:
- Three complimentary registrations to the 2016 Community College Futures Assembly
- Webinars featuring Bellwether winning programs with proven solutions worthy of replication to address critical issues facing community colleges
- Special sessions at the American Association of Community Colleges and Association of Community Colleges annual conference for your trustees and leadership team
- Opportunity to partner with BCC member colleges on grant proposals and conducting applied research.
As part of the new vision of the BCC here are some of the new member benefits:
- Access to the BCC Applied Research Center for Workforce Development
- Access the a Web Library of Best Practices
- Assisting in the training of current educational leaders
- Access to external evaluators for grant process
- Document Search & Download
Do you have a membership? Then search to find documents now.
Do you have a question? Or perhaps you need to get ahold of us for another reason. Then please use the form on this page to contact us and we will get in touch with you shortly.